|تعداد مشاهده مقاله||2,879,600|
|تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله||2,122,732|
Developing Special Badminton Agility Test and Evaluating Its Convergence with Standardized Agility Tests in Trained Young Men
|Journal of Advanced Sport Technology|
|دوره 5، شماره 1 - شماره پیاپی 8، تیر 2021، صفحه 74-80 اصل مقاله (467.42 K)|
|نوع مقاله: Original research papers|
|شناسه دیجیتال (DOI): 10.22098/jast.2021.1214|
|Ebrahim Nourian 1؛ Solmaz Samadikia2؛ Omid Yousefi 2|
|1Department of Physical Education and sport sciences, Payam noor university, Tehran, iran.|
|2Department of Sport Sciences, University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Ardabil. Iran.|
|Sport-specific test protocols to measure the ability of different sports athletes are of great importance. The present study aimed to develop an agility test in badminton and evaluate the developed test using the standardized agility tests in trained young men. To this end, 30 trained young men participated in this study with the mean age of 21.56±1.61 years, the mean height of 173.56 ±3.82 cm, BMI of 22.46 ± 2.78 kg/m2, and fat percentage of 7.30±2.70. The participants performed all of the agility tests in one session with the 10 min rest intervals, and their performance was recorded immediately after the test administrations. Descriptive statistics were used to classify the collected data. Shapiro-Wilk test was used to check the normality of the data, and the Pearson correlation coefficient test was run to analyze research hypotheses. The study's finding showed a significant correlation between the X agility test and tests of agility (Simo, two diagonal Illinois, 4*9m shuttle run, Compass Drill) T-test), indicating a high correlation coefficient. Therefore, this study indicated that the developed X agility test is valid and can be used as a measure to evaluate agility in badminton.|
|Agility؛ Badminton؛ Test|
1. Chaudhary C, Jhajharia B. Effects of plyometric exercises on selected motor abilities of university level female basketball players. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2010;44(Suppl 1):i23-i.
2. Drost E. Validity and reliability in social science research. Education Research and perspectives. 2011;38(1):105-23.
3. Rubio DM, Berg-Weger M, Tebb SS, Lee ES. Objectifying content validity: Conducting a content validity study in social work research. Social work research. 2003;27(2):94-104.
4. Thomas N, Baker J. Optimised and non-optimised high intensity cycle ergometry and running ability in international rugby union players. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2002; 36(5): 389-389.
5. Cooper S, Baker J, Eaton Z, Matthews N. A simple multistage field test for the prediction of anaerobic capacity in female games players. British journal of sports medicine. 2004;38(6):784-9.
6. Ting HY, Tan YWD, Lau B. Potential and limitations of Kinect for badminton performance analysis and profiling. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016;9(45):1-5.
7. Sassi RH, Dardouri W, Yahmed MH, Gmada N, Mahfoudhi ME, Gharbi Z. Relative and absolute reliability of a modified agility T-test and its relationship with vertical jump and straight sprint. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2009;23(6):1644-51.
8. Kusuma DWY, Raharjo HP, Taathadi M. Introducing a new agility test in badminton. American Journal of Sports Science. 2015;3(1):18-28.
9. Bapiran M, Rajabi H, Yousefi M. Designing of the specific anaerobic power test for basketball. Sport Physiology. 2015;7(27):31-44.
10. Mirzaei B, Curby DG, Rahmani-Nia F, Moghadasi M. Physiological profile of elite Iranian junior freestyle wrestlers. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 2009;23(8):2339-44.
11. MacIntosh BR, Rishaug P, Svedahl K. Assessment of peak power and short-term work capacity. European journal of applied physiology. 2003;88(6):572-9.
12. Farrow D, Young W, Bruce L. The development of a test of reactive agility for netball: a new methodology. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. 2005;8(1):52-60.
13. Baker J, Ramsbottom R, Hazeldine R. Maximal shuttle running over 40 m as a measure of anaerobic performance. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 1993;27(4):228-32.
14. Matavulj D, Kukolj M, Ugarkovic D, Tihanyi J, Jaric S. Effects of pylometric training on jumping performance in junior basketball players. Journal of sports medicine and physical fitness. 2001;41(2):159-64.
15. Chin M-K, Wong AS, So RC, Siu OT, Steininger K, Lo D. Sport specific fitness testing of elite badminton players. British journal of sports medicine. 1995;29(3):153-7.
16. Kirby RF. Kirby's guide to fitness and motor performance tests: BenOak Publishing Company; 1991.
17. Brown ME, Mayhew JL, Boleach L. Effect of plyometric training on vertical jump performance in high school basketball players. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness. 1986;26(1):1-4.
18. Frederick M, Hamid D, Omar A, Hasan K, Soeed K, Zulkapri I. Badminton: specific movement agility testing system. Mohe, 2014.
تعداد مشاهده مقاله: 608
تعداد دریافت فایل اصل مقاله: 197